"We're Starfox!" "We're Starfox!"

Well created

This animation revolves around a good idea which works well.

The quotes in this animation were well implemented into the dinner scene. They were used in a comedic way which worked effectively. The sound quality was good too.

The animation was great, it wasn't mainly comprised of motion tweens, FbF makes it seem more realistic and lifelike if done well, you did so.

The characters were well drawn and the background art didn't conflict with the scene, yet it was still nice to look at while not dominating the characters or the events that occurred.

The idea of Starfox eating at a restuarant while using quotes from the N64 gaem was quite original, it wasn't boring though, as the situation escalates into a fight and then a destructive end where part of Corneria is blown up.

The choice of menu was great too when using the Lylat System.

Overall, the animation and concept are great however in a few instances, it is quite predictable. But the animation's comedic value overshadows this.
A+ 89/100

PuffballsUnited responds:

Hmm, I never even thought about predictability. Anyways, thanks for the lengthy review!

Stick Death Vally Stick Death Vally

It's too short

This animation has potential but it's severly limited by its length. The audience can hardly see what's happening.

My advise, slow down! Aim for a longer length for animation (20 seconds?) and maybe include some explosions and a prize that they're fighting for. The movement (what I caught of it) was fluid however.

Too short, needs more to make it stand out. 61/100 C.

louwe3 responds:

thx... i will for sure make this longer now and ermm.... sorry for the frame rate i dunno wats happened i think NG fucked it up, but i will start very soon on making a longer animation with sounds and maybe speciel efffetcs and stuff....(damn you fps!) xD

Life's Good Life's Good

Well Made.

This is a visually appealing music video.

First, let me say, I loved the crinkled paper effect in the background, it reminds me of animations such as "War, Snow and Fire".

The colour scheme and design of the objects was pleasantly simplistic. The combination of the black objects and yellow background really bring the animation to life, seeming as black and yellow are often used together for "warning!" signs for obvious reasons of attention. These colours also reflect some of the main themes of the animation, "warning" and "danger".

The music and animation were synched together well for the majority of the animation. At times however, it seemed that the two were separate. But the idea of the jeep travelling at a fast speed away from dangers, free-falling and explosive encounters fit the rhythm and tempo of the song, and very well it must be said.

Overall, a great animation, you've used some interesting techniques and the animation is definitely an experimental music video. 92/100 A*

Epic Battle Fantasy 2 Epic Battle Fantasy 2

A great RPG

There's so much to say about this sequel.

.PROs.

The storyline is fairly original and decent.
Great graphics, they were consistent throughout.
Fitting menu screen (relating to Final Fantasy 2)
Nice gameplay, there was a good range of attacks; right length; different difficulty settings is a great additon and the learning curve was set right.
The bestiary descriptions were well set out and the battle dialogue was a nice additon. There was a wide variety of opponents to fill the bestiary. And the minigames were fun and added another format to the game.
The music score also fitted the game.

.CONs.

Could have made the beast selecting in the bestiary easier ( all on one page with pictures for the scanned beasts and question marks for beasts not scanned).
The game crashes, although I didn't encounter this, others did.
Perhaps offering a different format of minigame.
Very similar to the first one.

Overall, when it comes to the cons, I'm grasping at straws, 92/100 A*

Toss the Turtle Toss the Turtle

No one reads summaries anymore

This is a nicely made game, got a lot of enjoyment from it despite its flaws.

.PROs.

The graphics in this game are very good, nice graphics are always a welcome addition to any game.
The music was well chosen, Maestrorage is always a good choice as it makes the game sound more "epic".
The game itself was addictive which is strange seeming as the gameplay was fairly repetitive, I guess the simple concepts usually work best.
The programming was good too, I didn't encounter any glitches (others will most likely beg to differ).
Cool range of different hazards and other objects.

.CONs.

Old concept, although it never seems to get that old.
Repetitive gameplay, shoot at 45 degrees, keep turtle in the sky with the AK-47, use rockets boosters and keep the A and D keys down and pray that spikes won't get you.
Costs are on the steep side, the nuke wasn't worth it's cost.

Overall, putting cons aside, the game was quite addictive, 87/100 A+

Lots of people find this review helpful!

Vector Boom Vector Boom

A very decent game.

It kept me entertained for a few minutes.

.PROs.

The difficulty level is rightly set: it puts up a good fight. The spacecraft visuals are good and the BG visuals are made well. A good variety of enemies which forces the player to think more strategically ( unless of course they have the Max energy powerup).

.CONs.

There was no scoreboard for the Survival mode. Power-ups were a bit plentiful in some levels making them easier than they should've been.

Great game but needs just a bit more. 84/100 A

MMZX - Trap Factory MMZX - Trap Factory

Very Good

This is a great remix that came together really well. You've performed the transitions to each section to a good standard, and I loved the guitar and drums, especially at the start combined with the piano.

Great job, it's hard to flaw this, 10/10 A*.

Sonic Megamix Sonic Megamix

Ahhh, memories

When I listened to this it reminded me of Sonic Adventure 1 on the Dreamcast, i must have been 8 or 9?
It's a good remix btw, perfectly captures sonic's speedy element.

CrimzonWolf777 responds:

i know it does capture his speedy element. try playing sonic unleashed on 360 with this song playing (or any of the other mixes). ^_^v

GP- Rainforest/Jungle Level GP- Rainforest/Jungle Level

It sounds good

It would definitely go well with a game, I'm only a beginner at flash, but im learning quick. I've been thinking about making a platformer with a jungle level in it and this would fit really well.

Sapphire Smile Sapphire Smile

Great work!

This is a piece which owes its vibrancy to the variety of colours used here. ItâEUTMs worth noting the way the cat is shaded, putting darker and lighter colours (primarily blue) together to show the contours on the catâEUTMs body. ThereâEUTMs also the greens and yellows being used for lighter areas and also complimenting the reddish background.

The shape of the cat seems to be correct too. I like how the brush strokes seem to follow the pattern of the catâEUTMs fur but more of this couldâEUTMve been done for the side of the cat (at the bottom of the image).

The palette of colours employed here help make this a great portrait. 87/100 A+

Airmail Airmail

Amazing

This is a really powerful and also beautiful artwork, it's clear to see that a lot of effort has gone into this.

The way that the giant bird "bursts" through the flames ( which are made and coloured to an exceptional standard.) is really well done. The bird's feathers are also constructed really nicely too.
The shadings are well placed ( with the reddish; purplish tinge ) and add to the chaos factor of the piece.
There's also the comedic element too, I almost start to laugh upon seeing the goblin grinning madly with a bomb in its hand. Yup, definitely "service with a smile"!

Great piece of work, colouring works, somewhat amusing and well detailed. 98/100 A*.

AlvinHew responds:

Thanks for the wonderful review! You picked up on everything I wanted people to pick up on.

Spasey Spasey

I like it.

The concept of a city on a floating rock in the sky is an interesting one.

The background and the rock have been given a lot of attention and depth but the city could do with a bit more to make it stand out more ( despite the fact that it's already the center of attention). Also the shading is great and gives the scene a sort of ominous feel.

Nicely constructed; cool concept. 75/100 B+